It's been a few months since we've shared a venison recipe, so we think now that fall is here in Ohio, it's time to get a hearty meal and what heartier fall meal is there than chili! Feel free to add heat you'd like to this basic recipe. It's made in the slow cooker, so you won't have to fuss with a lot of prep before you have a great meal.Ingredients:
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pint tomato juice
- 1 can (8 ounce size) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10 ounce size) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounce size) pinto or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 envelope (1.25 ounce size) chili seasoning mix
- Alternative: some people don't like beans, but you still want to add some texture to the soup. Grab a can of refried beans and add it to the mixture. You'll get some bean goodness and the other ingredients will cover up the flavor.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the venison, onion, and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the venison is browned.
- Add the venison mixture to the crock pot along with the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low heat for 6 hours or until the flavors have melded.
If these recipes have your mouth watering but you have no venison to cook, maybe it is time to book a hunt with Hidden Hollow Whitetail Ranch! You will be taken by a guide to find some of the biggest trophy bucks in Ohio! After your hunt, tracking, and field dressing, you’ll head back to the lodge for a home-cooked meal and relaxation. We’ll be sure to take plenty of pictures of you and your big buck! To schedule your hunt, call Rob at 330-466-4404.